What We Believe
- We believe in one God—the Father, Son, and Holy Spirit.
- We believe that the Old and New Testament Scriptures, given by plenary inspiration, contain all truth necessary to faith and Christian living.
- We believe that man is born with a fallen nature, and is, therefore, inclined to evil, and that continually.
- We believe that the finally impenitent are hopelessly and eternally lost.
- We believe that the atonement through Jesus Christ is for the whole human race; and that whosoever repents and believes on the Lord Jesus Christ is justified and regenerated and saved from the dominion of sin.
- We believe that believers are to be sanctified wholly, subsequent to regeneration, through faith in the Lord Jesus Christ.
- We believe that the Holy Spirit bears witness to the new birth, and also to the entire sanctification of believers.
- We believe that our Lord will return, the dead will be raised, and the final judgment will take place.
How To Know Jesus
1. Recognize that God pursues you with love and offers salvation.
His love includes you. "For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life" (John 3:16).
He has new life for you. "I have come that they may have life, and have it to the full" (John 10:10a).
2. Recognize that sin separates you from God and others.
"Sin" is walking our own way in rebellion against God's will. When we walk away from God, we walk away from life.
Everyone has sinned. "For all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God" (Romans 3:23).
Sin brings death. "For the wages of sin is death" (Romans 6:23a).
Our own efforts cannot save us. As sinners we futilely try to find life's true meaning in the wrong ways and places. "For it is by grace you have been saved, through faith—and this is not from yourselves, it is the gift of God—not by works, so that no one can boast. (Ephesians 2:8-9).
3. Recognize that Jesus Christ died and rose again for our sins.
Jesus Christ died in our place. "But God demonstrates his own love for us in this: While we were still sinners, Christ died for us" (Romans 5:8).
He is the way to new life. "Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, the new creation has come: The old has gone, the new is here!" (2 Corinthians 5:17).
He gives inner peace. "Therefore, since we have been justified through faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ" (Romans 5:1).
He gives freedom. "So if the Son sets you free, you will be free indeed" (John 8:36).
He gives eternal life. "But the gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord" (Romans 6:23b).
4. You must repent and ask God for forgiveness.
Admit and confess your sins to God. "Whoever conceals their sins does not prosper, but the one who confesses and renounces them finds mercy." (Proverbs 28:13).
• To acknowledge your sins.
• To be sorry for your sins.
• To confess your sins.
• To be willing to forsake your sins.
• To have your life changed by Christ.
Forgiveness is promised. "If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just and will forgive us our sins and purify us from all unrighteousness" (1 John 1:9).
5. Place your trust in Christ and receive Him as your Savior.
Christ is ready. "Here I am! I stand at the door and knock. If anyone hears my voice and opens the door, I will come in and eat with that person, and they with me" (Revelation 3:20).
You can receive Jesus Christ now. "Yet to all who did receive him, to those who believed in his name, he gave the right to become children of God" (John 1:12).
Will you pray this prayer? Lord Jesus, I want to have life. I know that I have sinned. I need Your forgiveness and pardon. I believe that You died and rose again for my sins. I now accept You as my personal Savior. I will forsake my sinful life. I know that Your grace and power will enable me to live for You. Thank You, Jesus, for saving me and for giving me a new life.
For help in living a meaningful life in Christ
• Be assured of Christ's forgiveness.
• Read your Bible and pray daily.
• Find a concerned pastor and other Christians.
• Become a vital part of that church.
• Share your faith with others.